Billing Software For Retail Shop
Now take care of your retail store sales and billing needs directly from your mobile!
Small scale businesses enjoy the benefits of a billing system for retail shops because an online billing software like myBillBook saves time otherwise spent entering data.
Retailers in India are traditionally used to manually creating invoices by hand for requesting payment and depositing payment. Retail billing software creates invoices, follow up on payments, make automatic payments and keep the business books in order without any extra effort on your part and prepares reports based on all these activities so that one can assess where their business stands.
Why Use myBillBook?
Why to Use myBillBook Retail Billing Software?
myBillBook lets you create professional bills and GST invoices that are customizable to suit your business needs. You can add custom fields like batch no., vehicle no., and more in invoice formats of your choice.
An open-source retail shop billing software like myBillBook allows retailers to bill faster and produce various invoices much more efficiently than creating manual bills and invoice while also keeping data accuracy in check.
What’s more, myBillBook online billing software lets you access all your data through the web at any given time that you need it, for no extra charge!
Do Retail Shops Need Billing Software?
Retail billing software eliminates the need for manual data entry and thus helps keep your business records error-free, ensuring accurate accounting and reports relevant to it.
With myBillBook, you can:
- Save time and effort during the billing process.
- Retail billing software gets started on creating GST and non-GST inclusive invoices (as per your preference) within seconds. All you need is:
- GSTIN of both parties (if applicable for the party)
- Billing and shipping address of the party
- Consecutive invoice numbers
- Date of issuance
- HSN code of items
- CGST/SGST/IGST on items (as applicable)
- Identifies and eliminates human errors by keeping the software design simple and easy to understand.
- It projects a professional and sophisticated image with professional-grade paper bills.
- It is accessible from a desktop app and a mobile phone.
- The billing invoice is easy to share through email and WhatsApp.
- Create purchase vouchers, payment receipts, quotations (estimates/sale orders), purchase orders, sale returns, purchase returns, delivery challans, and expense vouchers from your mobiles.
- Keep track of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Get regular notifications on the status of payables and receivables using our free billing software for retail shops.
- Get 24×7 access to sale and purchase orders and monitor the same till they’re delivered/received by relevant parties.
- Maintain stock inventory using our software for retail businesses
- You can upload full inventory of the stocks by transferring items from other accounting apps or with the use of excel sheets and images.
- As a store management software myBillBook has a feature for automated purchase orders so that whenever a particular stock is about to reach its lower limit, myBillBook places an order to maintain stock.
- Billing software for retailers helps you save warehouse space by assessing the demand for the various stocks so that you can decide whether to re-purchase stock that is low in demand.
- Get access to complete stock history as and when you want. Personalise your inventory by organizing the stock by categories and adding item details.
- Keep track of your business
- Receive 10+ exclusive reports that ensure smooth functioning of the business, like:
- Sales summary
- Profit and loss reports
- Party statements
- Stock summary
- GSTR-1 (Sales) [paid feature]
- GSTR-2 (Purchase) [paid feature]
- GSTR-3B [paid feature]
- Protect your data with daily automated backup and sync your mobile app with your desktop software. This way, you can access all your records on the go, even when one of your devices isn’t around.
- Keep your data secure with myBillBook free retail billing software which comes with ISO 27001 certification.
The Benefits of Using Online Billing Software For Retail Shops
A free store management software like myBillBook will cover all your billing, invoicing, and stock management needs, allowing you to focus on developing your business further.
- Reduce manual work
Human beings might be machines but they are faulty ones, especially in comparison to digital software. Adopting myBillBook, our free billing software for retail shops will help reduce the chances of faulty data entry. An accurate record of transactions will increase operational efficiency, which will ensure a rise in profits in the long run.
- Reduce billing time
Scanning the barcode printed on a product gives you the price and details related to the product within seconds leading to accurate and swift billing. Besides, you can scan the barcode to keep track of stock inventory and the demand for a particular product.
- Create a point of sale
Online billing software for a retail shop like myBillBook offers POS to make the invoice process take place quickly and accurately. It summarizes the number of products bought by the customer, prepares an invoice, gives them the choice to pick their payment method and collects payment. POS also helps you (the business owner) monitor the sale, profit, revenue, and expenses that are incurred in running the operations.
- Improve customer relations
Your customers make or break your business. Thus, it is crucial to establish and maintain good relations with your customers. In that sense, myBillBook can be considered one of the best billing software for retail shop. It has features that you can use to stay connected to vendors, distributors and customers alike. With myBillBook you can send out business cards (which are customizable to suit personal preference) and season greetings on festivals and holidays to your customers and vendors.
Features that Make a Good Retail Billing Software
When choosing an online billing software for retail shop, here are a few features you should consider:
- A simple user interface
Software with shortcuts, quick keys, and easily accessible catalogues are simple to navigate after a small period of adjustment.
If your employees find it difficult to use the billing software, it is not user friendly. This is an important feature to look out for because if your staff cannot navigate through the app’s features, they will not be able to satisfy the user’s needs and demands.
- Multiple payment methods
In today’s day and age, a good retail billing software must integrate mobile payments along with traditional payment methods. It is even better if the app accepts EBT and EMV chip cards.
Having multiple payment options will ensure that everyone can shop regardless of cash or cards. Lastly, a refund-friendly POS system will certainly attract customers who are constantly looking for smooth shopping experiences.
- Creating and maintaining customer records
Billing software for retail shop allows you to summarize and make a record of customer’s personal and purchase information for the purpose of adding it to a centralized database. The database is equipped with search filters that allow easy access to customer records, making it easier to send and receive information and quotes whenever needed.
- Inventory management
The ideal retail billing software will integrate inventory management, allowing business owners to monitor their product stocks and track the demand for different products. You can create the stock order directly in the system which is further on delivered to the suppliers from the system itself.
If you have more than one physical location, retail billing software must have a stock transferring feature to enable you to record goods moving from one place to another for future reports and references.
Running promotions is an effective method for moving stock out. So, if you use an app where you don’t need to manually update promotional prices and reset them back to normal every time you run promotions, it will save you both time and energy
FAQs on Billing Software for Retail Shop
- What is a retail billing software?
Ans: A Retail billing software is designed for the purpose of tracking bills as well as invoicing consumers for products and services that they purchase. It also keeps track of your stock inventory, sales and profit, accounts payable or receivable allowing you to micromanage your tasks without costing you any extra effort or time.
- How does a retail billing software and point of sales (POS) system differ from each other?
Ans: A retail billing software links customer service, inventory, accounting, payroll and other departments together within a program to centralize all administrative tasks. It saves time, automatically creating data within seconds that would otherwise take ages if done manually.
The point of Sales (POS) system is made up of a computer, monitor, cash drawer, receipt printer, customer display, barcode scanner, and a debit/credit card reader. The POS unit handles sales to the customers and performs other functions like taking inventory of stock, purchasing, transferring and receiving goods from one location to another. It also maintains sales information to help make reports from and saves customer information to manage receivable, for marketing and demand analysis.
In conclusion, POS is a part of billing software for retail stores.
- How much does myBillBook retail billing software cost?
Ans: myBillBook operates on a freemium basis so it’s almost entirely free except for a few detail-oriented premium services, including GSTR-1, GSTR-2, GSTR-3B, and adding staff members to the app.
- Can I transfer my data from an old POS system to myBillBook?
Ans: Yes, myBillBook supports the export of customer and inventory details through the use of images, excel sheets and data.
- Why do I need inventory management software like myBillBook?
Ans: A inventory management software like myBillBook helps you balance the expected demand for your goods by maintaining stock in your inventory by notifying you about what products to stock and in what quantities.
- Who is myBillBook for?
Ans: myBillBook is best-suited for –
- Faster billing services with the counter system on the myBillBook mobile app.
- Complete digital record and overview of your transactions.
- Services that will simplify your inventory control.
- Wholesalers and Distributors
- myBillBook will automatically manage your customer outstandings and send out timely payment reminders.
- Enable invoice sharing through e-mail and WhatsApp.
- Alert you when your stocks are running low and categorize your stock inventory for smoother operations.
- Customize the invoice with context to the type of business.
- Send your business cards and customized greeting cards with your company branding to chosen customers.