How to Generate e-Way Bill
You can generate an e-waybill, change vehicle numbers on the already developed EWB, and cancel generated EWBs using the e-way bill portal.
The process can be via
This article guides you through generating e-way bills on the e-way bill portal.
The E-way Bill Generation Process
If you are wondering how to generate e way bill, go ahead reading the following steps:
- Navigate to the e-way bill system. Fill in your “Username,” “Password,” and “Captcha code,” and then click the “Login” button.
- Click on “Generate new” under the “E-waybill” option on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Enter details corresponding to the following fields on the screen that appears:
- Transaction Type: Select “Outward” if you are a consignment supplier or Select “Inward” if you are a consignment recipient.
- Sub-type: Select an applicable sub-type. If the transaction type selected is Outward, the following subtypes appear:
If the transaction type selected is Inward, the following subtypes appear:
All You Need to Know Before E-way Bill Generation
Here are the procedures you must take if you want to know how to make e way bill.
- Sign up for the EWB portal.
- Have the invoice/bill/challan for the consignment of goods available.
- Keep the following documents in hand:
- The transporter ID or vehicle number If your transport is by road,
- If the transport is by rail, air, or ship, the transporter ID, transport document number, and date are required.
If the transaction type selected is Inward, the following subtypes appear:Add ImageNote: SKD– Semi-knocked down conditionCKD– Complete knocked down condition
- Document type: Select either Invoice / Bill/ challan/ credit note/ Bill of entry or others if not Listed
- Document No. : Enter the document/invoice number
- Document Date: Choose the “Invoice” or “challan” date.
Note: You will be unable to enter a future date into the system.
- From/ To: Enter the section details depending on whether you are a supplier or a recipient.Note: If your supplier/client is unregistered, then mention “URP” in the “GSTIN” field, indicating an “Unregistered Person.”
- Item Details: Add the consignment details(HSN code-wise) such as:
- Name of the Product
- Product Description
- HSN Code
- Value/Taxable value
- CGST or SGST or IGST tax rates(in %)
- Cess tax rate, if any, charged (in %)
Note: These entries can also be auto-populated in the respective GST Return while filing on the GST portal.
- Transporter details: In this part, you must mention the mode of transport(Road/rail/ship/air) and the approximate distance covered (in KM). Apart from the above, also mention either of the details below:
- Transporter name, transporter ID, transporter Doc. No. & Date OR
- Vehicle number in which you transport your consignment.
Format: AB12A1234 or AB12AB1234 or ABC1234 or AB121234
Note: Update the “My masters” section for products, clients/customers, suppliers, and transporters regularly used. These are also available on the login dashboard and then proceed.
- Click “Submit” for the system to validate the data.Otherwise, your request is processed, and you receive an e-way bill in Form EWB-01 with a unique 12-digit number. The e-way bill generated looks like this:
- Print and carry your e-way bill for transporting the goods in the selected mode of transport and conveyance.
Printing the E-way Bill
You can print your e-way bill anytime as follows:Add Image
- Click on the “Print EWB” sub-option beneath the “e-waybill” option
- Enter the relevant e-way bill number -12 digit number and click on “Go.”
- Click on “Print“
- “Detailed print” on the EWB that appears:
Can I generate a backdated e-way bill?
You cannot generate a backdated Eway bill. Therefore, despite you having a different date of generation of the tax invoice and date of Eway bill generation, your e-way bills must be present-dated.
How can I generate e-way bills from different registered places of business?
You can generate e-way bills through the e-way bill portal, the GST common portal, the SMS facility provided by the authorities in charge of all matters about Eway bills or through the Eway bill app.
Can I generate an Eway bill without having a transporter ID?
No. You must generate an Eway bill with a valid transport ID or vehicle number.
Should I always take an Eway bill printout?
No. You can also carry these documents digitally. That would be sufficient if the tax invoice mentions the Eway bill number.
Know more about e-Way Bill
- e-Way Bill Software
- e-Way Bill Limit
- e-Way Bill : Blocking and Unblocking
- Transporter ID in e-Way Bill
- e-Way Bill Login Portal
- Penalty for expired e-Way Bill
- e-Way Bill under GST in Gujarat
- e-Way Bill under GST in Karnataka
- e-Way Bill in Telangana
- Create & Manage Sub-user on the e-Way Bill Portal
- Generation of e-Way Bill by End-Consumer
- Generate Consolidated e-Way Bills
- e-Way Bill for Job Work