Enjoy easy e-way bill generation using myBillBook!
myBillBook is a one-stop-shop for all your billing and invoicing needs.
If you need to generate and automate your e-way bills, myBillBook is at your service with its integrated platform that is 100% safe and secure. With all the features of an efficient e-way bill generator and more, myBillBook is a smart way to automate and manage all your e-way bills in one place.
Why use myBillBook?
When is an e-way bill necessary?
If you own a business but are still unaware of why an e-way bill is necessary, it is high time that you know about online e-way bill generation.
An e-way bill (electronic waybill) is a receipt issued by a carrier with instructions and details regarding the shipment of a consignment of goods. It includes such details as the name of the consignor and the consignee, the destination of the consignment, its point of origin, and the route.
An e-way bill generation is necessary when the value of goods being moved in a vehicle/conveyance exceeds Rs. 50,000. The movement of the goods may be in relation to the following:
- A supply transaction.
- For reasons besides a supply (such as a return).
- Due to supply from an unregistered individual.
The term ‘supply’ refers to the sale of goods and subsequent payments, branch transfers, or any kind of exchange/barter where the payment is made in terms of goods rather than money.
In this regard, the supply may be for payment during the course of the business, or for a payment that may not take place in the business duration, or a supply without any payment.
However, e-way bill generation is mandatory for the movement of goods in the following cases (regardless of the value of the consignment):
- Inter-state movement of handicraft goods by a dealer who is exempted from GST registration
- Transport of goods by a principal situated in one state to a job worker located in a different state. In such a scenario, it is the responsibility of the principal to generate the e-way bill.
Steps to create e-way bill
Are you wondering how to generate new e-way bill online? It is easier than you think!
E-way bill generation can be done online on the official Government e-way bill portal. All you have to do is log in to the portal, and if you are not already registered, you have to enrol yourself on the same.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to generate new e-way bill online:
- Visit the official website of the Goods and Services Tax e-way bill system and click on the ‘Login’ option on the top right corner of the page.
- If you are already registered, enter your username, password, and captcha code that appears on the screen. Then, click on ‘Login.’
- On the left-hand side of the dashboard, click on the ‘Generate New’ option under ‘e-WayBill.’
- Fill in the fields in the ‘e-WayBill Entry Form’ that appears on the screen.
- The fields marked with a solid red circle are mandatory for the e-way bill, and those with a solid green circle are mandatory for GSTR-1.
- Under ‘Transaction Type,’ select the ‘Outward’ option if you are supplying the consignment and select ‘Inward’ if you are receiving the consignment.
- Under ‘Sub Type,’ select the option relevant to you based on whether you have chosen ‘Outward’ or ‘Inward’ in the previous field.
- Under ‘Document Type,’ select one of Bill/ Invoice/ Challan/ Bill of entry/ Credit note or Others if not listed.
- Enter the document or invoice number under ‘Document No.’
- Enter the date of the challan or invoice or document under ‘Document Date.’
- Depending on whether you are a recipient or supplier, enter the required details in the ‘From’ and ‘To’ section.
- The next section is ‘Item Details’, where you have to enter the details of the consignment as follows:
- Product Name
- HSN code
- Tax Rate (CGST + SGST + IGST + Cess, if any)
- Value/Taxable Value (Rs.)
- Next, fill in the ‘Transporter Details’ with the following fields:
- Mode of transport
- Approximate distance (in Km)
- Transporter ID, Transporter Name,Transporter Doc. No. & Date or the Vehicle No.
- Check all your entries and click on ‘Submit.’ The system shows any error that you may have made while entering the fields. Else, your request will be processed, and the e-way bill will be generated with a unique 12-digit number.
How to automate your e-way bills?
Generating e-way bills is a necessity for most businesses. But how can you make the process less tiresome?
Automating your e-way bills can save you a lot of time without you having to go through the tedious task of manually generating e-way bills for each consignment. myBillBook e-way bill generation software lets you automate your e-way bills with just a few clicks. You enjoy:
- Fast and efficient e-way bill generation through seamless integration to source ERP software via API.
- One centralised account for all your multi-state e-way bills for different units and branches of your business.
- A user-friendly interface where you can generate, update, or even cancel your e-way bills, individually or in bulk.
- Google APIs automatically calculate the distance between two locations.
- Get e-way bill expiry notifications and restrict regeneration on the same document number until the previous e-way bill expires.
- Share delivery status of goods or consignment with clients in real-time.
Features of e-way bill generator
An e-way bill generator is packed with all the features that make the online generation of e-way bills a matter of minutes.
Here are some of the attributes of an e-way bill generator that simplifies the task of e-way bill creation:
- Data validation feature to help you correct errors during data entry.
- Auto distance calculator.
- Email and SMS alerts for e-way bill generation, cancellation, and expiry.
- APIs automatically push data to the government portal for e-way bill creation.
- Option to create, update, print, or cancel single, consolidated, and bulk e-way bills.
- Integration with ERP software via API.
- Transporter management feature for choosing your desired transporters and vehicle numbers from master records.
- In-built intelligence feature to recognise and display the transactions for which e-way bill generation is required.
FAQs on eway bills
- Who should generate e-way bills?
Ans: Any registered individual moving goods or consignment worth a value exceeding Rs. 50,000 concerning a supply, for reasons apart from the supply, or due to inward supply from an unregistered individual should generate e-way bills.
- Where can I generate an e-way bill?
Ans: You can generate an e-way bill with a unique 12-digit number on the government e-way bill portal.
- What are the prerequisites for online e-way bill generation?
Ans: Here are the prerequisites for online e-way bill generation:
- Registration of the e-way bill portal
- The bill/invoice/challan related to the consignment of goods
- Vehicle ID or Transporter Number, transport document number, and the date on the document.
- Where will I find the consignment value?
Ans: The consignment value is declared on the bill of supply, delivery challan, or invoice, as the case may be.
- Is e-way bill mandatory for consignment values lower than Rs. 50,000?
Ans: It is not mandatory as per the CGST Rules, 2017.