QR Code in E-Invoicing
QR code means “quick response code” that you must include on all e-invoices to create qualifying GST invoices. It is a machine-readable two-dimensional barcode released by the government as a QR code verification tool.
Details Available Within the QR Code
The QR code consists of important invoice parameters like:
- GSTINs of both the supplier and the recipient/buyer
- Supplier’s invoice
- Invoice generation date and value
- Several line items
- Main item’s HSN Code
- Unique IRN (hash)
- IRP’s Digital signature
How to Verify the invoice details through the QR
You can verify the invoice details through the QR code by either of the following:
- QR code scanning
- JSON file upload
How to Download and Install the QR Code Verifying App
To get the QR code app or the e-invoice scanner, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to https://einvoice1.gst.gov.in/Others/QRCodeVerifyApp, using the Android or iOS operating system.
- Enter the mobile number and press “Submit” to receive an OTP.
- Confirm the OTP.
- You will receive a QR code upon successful validation.
- Verify the app APK. Send it to the registered mobile number. Finally, install the APK, download the e-invoice scanner app, and verify the QR code.
How to Use the QR Code App
If you want to use the e-invoice QR code scanner, perform the following steps:
- First, click “verify QR code” on the e-invoice scanner online after installing the APK. Then, scan the invoice’s QR code to fetch the invoice details.
- Otherwise, upload the invoice JSON. On the e-invoice barcode scanner app’s home screen, select “verify signed e-invoice” and select the JSON file to upload to view the invoice details.
How does the QR code help you in e-invoicing?
The QR code will help you gather information about the invoice and also verify and validate the invoice from anywhere; capture and record data using machines, and improve the accuracy of data input.
How can I verify the QR code?
You can validate the QR code with the offline GST e-invoice scanner app the IRP provided and use it to get tax authorities to validate the invoice details.
When do I get a signed QR code?
You will get a "Signed QR Code" as part of the response along with the IRN when you report an invoice to the IRP.
What is meant by a QR code?
QR code is a two-dimensional barcode printed on merchandise to provide data in a machine-readable format.