Generating Bulk IRN
E-invoice – JSON Schema
Most businesses have multiple invoices, and uploading them one after the other to the Invoice Registration Portal (IRP) is tedious.
That is when a bulk generation comes to your aid by letting you upload multiple invoices simultaneously. The portal then verifies all invoices, generates a unique invoice reference number (IRN), signs your invoice digitally, and generates a QR code.
This blog will guide you through the bulk IRN generation process across the e-invoice portal.
- To generate Bulk Invoice reference numbers, select the sub option ‘Bulk Upload’ under ‘e-invoice’.
- Click ‘Browse’, and the system will request you to select the JSON file. Next, you must upload the IRN request file (the maximum file size for upload is 2 MB) to the e-invoice system
- Click “Confirm” for the system to process the JSON file, generate the e-invoices and display the 64-character length IRN for each request.
You can export your e-invoices in an excel file by clicking on the ‘Download Excel” button.
- The IRN shall be unique to each invoice and for a taxpayer’s entire financial year in the GST System.
- The system will update the invoice details to the e-waybill system and create Part-A of your e-way bill using this data. After which, you will have to attach only the vehicle number in Part B of your e-way bill document.
- The hash computed by the e-invoice system will become the IRN (Invoice Reference Number of 64 character length) of your e-invoice.
- The JSON must conform to the published e-invoice schema(standards) and have the mandatory parameters. The optional parameters can vary according to the business needs of the supplier.
- Always use the latest version of the “Bulk IRN Generation tool” on the e-invoice portal as there are chances of the tool getting updated in eh future.