A GST Bill book which is also known as a GST Invoice is a list of goods sent or the service offered with the amount due for payment. The GST bill book model comes with fields to enter the information of your own organization’s details. Free professional GST bill book samples are available to create invoices and can also customize them based on your requirements without any cost. Many websites offer GST Bill Book Design and Templates in Word, Docs, Sheets, Excel, and PDF.
How to design a GST bill book format
You can design your GST Bill book in Excel and PDF. Here you can see some of the details regarding how to design a GST Bill book in two different formats. To create any structured data, Microsoft Excel is quite popular, especially for invoices since excel comes in a tabular form. An excel bill book GST format also supports several formulas that make it easier for anybody to perform calculations while preparing the invoice. If you are creating an invoice in any other format, you will have to do the calculation separately by yourself.
Steps to GST Bill Book Design in Excel
- Open Microsoft Excel
- Click on the File Option, the Click New
- Double click the blank workbook to open a new excel sheet
- Click the View. Then uncheck the gridlines column to remove gridlines
- Add your company logo and other details like name, address, contact information, etc.
- Add the customer details
- Now enter the transaction details where you describe the good or services sold
- Enter the price, quantity, total amount, and other information as such
- Include your bank details with your preferred payment choice. Also mention the due date.
GST Bill book template in PDF is the easiest bill book format with GST that can be shared with the clients. You have to download the GST bill book format first and then edit the details required. GST bill book printing is also possible to hand out to the client. You can also mail the invoice for better convenience.
Steps to design a bill book format GST in PDF
- First, you have to open Microsoft Excel or Word
- Now edit the columns and tables as required
- Enter the company details like name, address, email id, zip code, etc
- Add the company logo
- Enter the customer details like name, phone number, email id, address, etc
- Add the transaction details and include the payment information
- Save the document in PDF format
- Select the file you have created from the main menu and click download
- Open the PDF document from the menu on the screen
Guidelines to use GST Bill book
When you create a GST Bill Book, there is some vital information that must be included in the invoice. Those details and requirements are mentioned below.
- Name, address, and mention the GSTIN of the supplier
- Nature of the invoice must be included like tax invoice, supplementary invoice, etc.
- The invoice number(alphanumeric or numeric series)
- Mention the date on which the invoice is generated
- Name, address, and the GSTIN of the receiver
- If the price of goods is greater than INR 50,000 and if the receiver is unregistered, then you must mention the name and address of that recipient along with the delivery address of the shipment.
- Description of goods and services
- HSN code of the good /accounting code of the services
- Quantity of the goods/services must be mentioned
- The total value of the goods/services
- Rate of tax on every item
- Tax amount charged on CGST, IGST, and SGST. All three should be mentioned in separate columns
- Name of the supplying state and place of supply to be written
- Place of delivery
- A statement declaring whether the reverse charge is applicable or not
- Trade discounts not forming art of value of the good
- Signature (Physical or digital) of the supplier or any other authorized person
Apart from all the information mentioned above, an export invoice must include other details like:
- A compulsory statement mentioning -“Supply meant for export on payment of IGST” or Supply meant for export under bond devoid of payment of IGST.”
- Delivery address
- Country of destination
- Date of application of form for removal and number
- Moreover, when an Input Service Supplier issues the invoice, then the “Amount of credit distributed” should be added to the invoice rather than including the rate and value of the goods or services. In case if your company is a Goods Transport Agency, you will be dealing with the supply chain and you must include the following details too in the invoice.
- Name and address of the consignee and consignor
- Registered vehicle number
- The gross weight of the shipment
- Place of origin
- GSTIN of the individual liable to pay tax
GST Bill Book Design and Templates – FAQs
What is the difference between the due date and bill book date?
Due date is the date when the payment is payable on the invoice whereas the invoice date is the date on which the invoice is created on the bill book.
Can you revise the bill book issued before GST?
You can revise invoices issued before GST. All the dealers under the GST regime should mandatorily apply for provisional registration before getting the permanent registration certificate.
What are other types of Bill books?
Some of the other types of invoices include Bill of Supply, Aggregate Invoice, Debit Note and Credit Note. A bill of supply is almost similar to the GST invoice. But the bill of supply will not include any kind of tax amount as the seller is not supposed to charge GST to the buyer. An aggregate invoice is issued when the value of several invoices is less than INR 200 and if the buyer is unregistered. For example: if you have issued three invoices the same day with an amount of Rs. 80, Rs. 90, and Rs. 120, then you can issue a single bill book mentioning the total amount of Rs. 290. A debit note is dispensed by the seller when the amount payable by the purchaser to the seller increases. Whereas the credit note is given by the seller when then the value of the invoice decreases.
How can you personalize the GST Bill book?
As mentioned above in the article, you must include the company logo in the GST bill book to personalize the GST Bill Book.
When should you issue a bill book?
-In normal cases, the bill book should be issued on or before the date of delivery.
--For a continuous supply of good, you must issue the bill book on or before the date of issue of the account statement
-When it comes to services in the general case, the bill book should be issued within 30 days of the supply of services
-If it is through bank and NBFCs, you should issue the bill book GST within 45 days of supply of services.
How to issue a bill book under reverse charge?
If the GST payable is under the reverse charge, declare on the bill book with GST that the tax is paid on a reverse charge
Is it allowed to put the digital signature on the bill book through DSC?
Yes, you can put the digital signature on the bill book through DSC.