e-Way Bill under GST in Karnataka
Significance of an e-Way Bill in Karnataka
Since the State announced the deployment of the e-Way Bill system with effect from September 6, 2017, you need to generate e-Way Bills to move goods within the State of Karnataka.
The consequences of not generating and submitting e-Way Bills consistently for two tax periods would be blocking e-Way invoices on the government portal.
Required Time of e-Way Bill Generation
You must create an e-Way Bill is created when the value of the commodities moved to or from a registered individual exceeds Rs. 50,000. However, even if the value of the products is under Rs. 50,000, the registered person can still provide an e-Way Bill.
Who Should Generate e-Way Bills?
- A person with a GST registration who has goods in transit
- A transporter when the supplier does not produce an E-way bill
- Persons in charge of the vehicle used to transport the consignment of goods if the consignment value exceeds Rs. 50,000
- Persons not registered for GST supplying goods or services to a registered person
Documents Required to Generate an e-Way Bill Under GST in Karnataka
You would need the necessary documents for e-Way Bill generation in Karnataka are:
- Documents relevant to the consignment of goods like Invoice/Bill of supply/challan
- Transporter ID or the vehicle number in the case of transport by road,
- If the transport is by rail, air, or ship: transporter ID, transport document number, and date.
Format of the Karnataka e-Way Bill
Part A and B comprise the two portions of the e-Way Bill. The information about the consignment, often the invoice details, is gathered in Part A of the e-Way Karnataka bill. You must provide the following information:
- The recipient’s GSTIN
- The delivery location’s pin code
- The number from the invoice or challan against which you make the goods supply
- The consignment’s value
- The HSN code for the transported items( You should mention the first two digits of the HSN code if the turnover is up to INR 5 crores. Otherwise, an HSN code with four digits is required.)
Systems Before e-Way Bill
In the pre-GST-e-waybill-Karnataka era, a seller or dealer should create an online transit document to move products worth more than Rs. 20,000 both inside Karnataka and into and out of Karnataka.
A seller or dealer also used to provide C-forms based on the Taxation Laws (Amendment) Act of 2017 for items acquired from outside the State to be subject to a 2% discount in tax.
Registration to Generate e-Way Bills
Procedures for GST payers and registered transporters, and transporters who did not register with the GST for registering e-Way Bill Karnataka:
- Navigate to the portal, vat.kar.nic.in the e-Way Bill.
- Then, click on the homepage tab.
- Fill out the registration requirements by clicking “e-Way Registration.”
- After completing this, you will receive a unique user ID that they can use to access the portal.
FAQs on e-Way Bill in Karnataka
Has the state of Karnataka released an amendment to the earlier notification?
No. The Karnataka government is yet to release a new notification to put the altered law into effect.
What is an e-way bill?
The Eway bill is a legal document that permits the transportation of goods between states.
When should I generate an e-way in Karnataka?
You should generate an e-way bill when the value of the commodities moved to or from a registered individual exceeds Rs. 50,000
What are some other E-way bill generation techniques?
Eway bills can also be created and managed by:
- SMS. Karnataka residents must text the code to the cellphone number 97319 79899.
- Android-enabled Eway bill applications
- An API interface with your ERP is available
Can I register online for e-way bill generation?
Yes. You can register on the portal https://ewaybillgst.gov.in