e-Way Bill in Telangana
Significance of an e-Way Bill in Telangana
The Telangana state government is known for its IT infrastructure enhancements. The pre-GST times witnessed two waybills:- CST waybill Telangana and VAT waybill Telangana state. Every dealer who used a goods vehicle had to carry the original copy of the waybill and submit it to the in-charge officer.
However, since December 2015, the region shifted from using manual Telangana GST waybills to using automated ones. And all dealers in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, and the R.R. District had to use electronically generated waybills rather than manual ones as legitimate documents or passes.
Who Should Generate e-Way Bills in Telangana?
The individuals listed below need to create an e-Way Bill in Telangana.
- A GST-registered person who is transporting goods worth more than Rs. 50,000
- A transporter whose supplier did not produce an e-Way Bill
- Unregistered persons supplying goods or services to a registered person
Rules and Procedure of the e-Way Billing System Within Telangana
The Telangana waybill rules and Hyderabad waybill, established for the intra-state movement of goods, are modelled after the CGST norms.
You must produce e-Way Bills and convey them when transporting commodities to move products worth more than Rs. 50,000 within the state of Telangana, as per the eway bill Telangana.
A registered supplier or recipient, and if the recipient is registered, but the supplier is not, then the recipient must produce e-waybills to comply with the Telangana waybill.
- You must initially register at www.tgct.gov.in/gstwaybill if you have not already done so.
- Then, log in to the website mentioned above after registering to create an e-waybill.
- Take a print in triplicate.
- Give the owner or the other person in charge of the goods vehicle the original and a duplicate of the document, both duly signed by him, his manager, or agent.
- You must submit the original copy to the verifying officer in transit for the first time in the state and can retain the duplicate.
The validity period is fixed based on the distance. Therefore, you must calculate the period from the time of generation of the Form Waybill:
- The validity period is two (2) days from the day and time of generation if the travel distance between the point of origin and destination of the products is less than 100 kilometres.
- The validity term is three (3) days from the day and time of generation if the distance for travel between the origin and destination of the products is between 101 and 500 kilometres.
- The validity term is ten (10) days from the day and time of generation if the travel distance between the origin and destination of the products is between 1001 and 2000 kilometres.
- The validity term is twelve (12) days from the day and time of generation if the travel distance from the origin of the products to the destination is between 2001 kilometres and above.
The generation of e-way bills using the approach mentioned above is not relevant for the movement of:
- Liquor intended for human consumption.
- Crude petroleum
- Fast-moving diesel fuel (HSD)
- Motor spirit (commonly known as petrol)
- Natural gas
- Turbine fuel for aircraft.
Documents Required to Generate an e-Way Bill in Telangana
The necessary documents you would need for e-way bill generation in Telangana are listed below:
- Documents relevant to goods consignments like invoices, bills of supply or challans
- Transporter ID or the vehicle number, if the transport is by road
- Transporter ID, Transport document number, and date, if the transport is by rail, air, or ship
Registration on the Telangana Portal for Intra-state Generation of e-Way Bills
- Navigate to www.tgct.gov.in/gstwaybill.
- Click the “Registration for GST Waybill” link on the home page.
- Enter GSTIN and press “Enter”. Then a screen appears as below.
- Fill in the required details and select “Get Password”. Then, use the password you receive on your official email id to log in to the Telangana way bill portal and start generating e-way bills.
How to Generate e-Way Bills on the Telangana Portal for Intra-state Movement of e-Way Bills
- When you log in to the Telangana site, the dashboard shown below appears:
- Under the “E-WAYBILLS” Option, select “Generate Waybills.”
- Complete entering the required fields.
- Fill out all transaction details, including the supplier or recipient and the vehicle, in the excel file. Then, click “Upload File” to add the file.
- Verify the accuracy of entries and click “Submit” to continue. Once completed, The e-way bill you create should be in PDF format. You can download and print the document for future reference. In addition to these ways, you can always opt for e-way bill softwares for generating e-way bills like myBillBook.
Format of the Telangana GST e-Way Bill
Part A of the e-Way Bill collects the details relating to the consignment, usually the invoice details. In addition, you must provide the following information:
- The recipient’s GSTIN
- Delivery location’s pin code
- Challan number or invoice
- Consignment’s value
- The HSN code of the transported items
- The HSN code’s first two digits, if the turnover is less than Rs. 5 crores
- A four-digit HSN code is necessary if the turnover exceeds Rs. 5 crores.
- Transportation’s purpose
- Transport document number