e-Way Bill In Andhra Pradesh (AP)
The e-Way or electronic way bill system under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime is designed to enable faster and seamless movement of goods through a portal-driven payment system. This would also assist the government in tightly regulating revenue leaks.
When is the e-Way Bill to be generated in AP?
The individual with a GST registration who has goods in transit is needed to create an e-Way Bill in the situations listed below:
- When the value of the commodities being moved to or from a registered individual exceeds Rs. 50,000, an E-way bill is created. The registered person can still submit an e-Way Bill even if the products have a value of less than Rs. 50,000.
- A person not registered for GST must also generate the e-Way Bill. The receiver must ensure that all compliances are correctly met when an unregistered person supplies goods or services to a registered person.
- If the supplier does not generate an e-Way Bill, the transporter must transport the products by air, rail, or other means.
What documents are required to generate an e-Way Bill in AP?
- Transporter ID or vehicle number in the case of road transport
- Transporter ID, transport document number, and date—by ship, rail, or air.
- Relevant invoice, bill of supply, or challan for the shipment of commodities
How to register on the AP portal for Intra-state generation of eway bills
- Every e-Way Bill user must register once on the official Eway bill website.
- Users must visit the e-Way Bill website, select Registration on the homepage tab, choose “e-Way Registration,” and then complete the registration criteria if they are GST taxpayers or registered transporters.
- At the end, the User will be given a special user ID for using the portal.
Receiving products from an unlicensed supplier necessitates the recipient producing an e-Way Bill.
- The process is the same as stated above. To complete the registration process, go to the Eway bill portal, choose the Registration tab from the homepage, and then choose “e-Way Registration.” Once all the requirements are fulfilled, a user id will be generated to use the portal.
How to generate e-Way Bills on the AP portal for Intra-state movement of e-Way Bills
The e-Way Bill is created using one of two methods:
Via online portal
- Dealers must go to the NIC Portal to generate e-Way Bills via the online portal.
- Before generating Eway bills for the movement of goods, the dealers must first register on the portal using their GSTIN.
- Creating the Eway bill requires information such as the name and address of the consignee, the description of the item, the value of the products, the quantity, etc.
Using SMS (Short Message Service)
- Sign in to the ewaybill portal. On the dashboard’s left side, click “Registration,” Then, from the drop-down menu, choose “For SMS.”
- Only a portion of the mobile number associated with the GSTIN is shown. Click “Send OTP.” On the “Verify OTP” screen, enter the generated OTP.
- The SMS service can only be registered by mobile numbers that have accounts on the website.
- You must choose the appropriate user ID/username and click “Submit” if your mobile number is being used to generate more than one user ID.
Format of the GST e-Way Bill in AP
There are two parts to the e-Way bill: Part A and Part B. The consignment-related information, often the invoice information, is gathered in Part A of the E-WAY bill.
The following details need to be provided:
- It is necessary to submit the recipient’s GSTIN.
- Including the Pin code of the location where the products will be delivered is required.
- The number from the invoice or challan against which the goods were supplied must be provided.
- Declare the consignment’s worth.
- You must enter the HSN code for the items being transported. The first two digits of the HSN code should be stated if the turnover is up to INR 5 crores. If the turnover surpasses INR 5 crores, an HSN code with four digits is mandatory.
- The requirement for transportation should be identified in advance, and the best justification should be chosen.
- The transit document number must be mentioned. It includes the details for the airway bill, the railway receipt, and the goods receipt.
You can also choose E-way bill software, a cloud-based technology or application that facilitates the quick and easy preparation of e-way bills. It decreases the amount of manual labor and the potential for errors. It meets each business need on an unique basis.
|Delivery Challan||Travel Agency Accounting Software|
Common problems encountered by Andhra Pradesh traders
- The rate of 5% on textiles and 12% on ready-made clothing in the state of Andhra Pradesh is a typical complaint among retail dealers. Since yarn and cotton textiles were tax-free, this has caused a sharp decline in business.
- Additionally, there was a 5 to 7.5 per cent VAT on ready-to-wear clothing. As a result, the smaller dealers and traders have suffered significant losses.
- Additionally, many exporters encounter issues obtaining GST refunds on exports. According to them, when there is an improper flow of reimbursements, the dealers’ working capital is restricted, which makes it difficult for them to operate their business effectively.
Also check e-Way Bill in other Indian States