e-Way Bill Login in Mobile
Enabling SMS e-Way Bill Generate Facility
A registered person can generate GST e-ways bills through SMS like the other modes.
Who Generates SMS e-Way Bills?
- Small customers who have no access to a computer or an internet connection
- Organisations with limited trading volume
- When in an emergency, such as one that occurs late at night or while driving
Need for SMS e-Way Bill Generation
SMS-based waybill generation is ideal for handling limited transactions. You can also use this facility in emergencies, such as at night or while travelling in a vehicle, as it is a simple process of e-way bill login via mobile.
Functions of e-Way Bill Operation via SMS Mode
There are three major activities related to e-way bill online login operation through SMS mode:
- Generation of e-way bills
- Updation of vehicle details
- Cancellation of e-way bills
How to Generate an e-Way Bill Through SMS?
You can generate an SMS e-way bill online by following a simple step-by-step approach.
- Before making a transaction, you must register your mobile number on the GST e-way bill portal. Once you select the option “for SMS” under the main option “Registration”, the following screen is displayed.
- Enter your mobile number and complete the OTP to register the mobile number.
You can delink or change the mobile number if required now.
Log in to https://ewaybill.nic.in/ using your credentials.
Finally, enable the SMS e-way bill generation on your mobile.
Afterwards, send an SMS to e-way bill generation on mobile is 7738299899 in the below format with space beside each parameter.
EWBG TranType RecGSTIN DelPinCode InvNo InvDate TotalValue HSNCode ApprDist Vehicle
SMS Format: e-Way Bill Generation
Each of the parameters in the SMS format delivers the following information:
|EWBG||The act or the e-Way Bill Generate Key Word|
|TranType||Transaction Type as per the Code list.|
|RecGSTIN||Recipient’s GSTIN (GST Identification Number).|
|DelPinCode||PIN Code of the delivery location|
|InvNo||GST Invoice Number of the supplier’s document|
|InvDate||Invoice Date of the supplier’s document|
|TotalValue||The total value of goods in Rupees as per the Invoice/Bill document|
|HSNCode||The first Commodity’s HSN code|
|ApprDist||Distance in kilometres from the consignor to the consignee|
|Vehicle||The vehicle number in which you transport the goods|
Once the validation is complete and the mobile number is registered, you are ready to generate an e-way bill using SMS.
e-Way Bill Generation Process via SMS
E-way bill login in mobile(www.ewaybill.login ) and e-way bill generation comprises the following
- First, try the GST e-way login on the portal.
- Click “Registration” and select “For SMS” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the registered mobile number, and click on “Send OTP”.
- On receiving the OTP, enter the same in the “Enter OTP.”
- Verify it by clicking “Verify OTP” and then click “Exit”.
- Select the relevant user ID from the drop-down menu listing all the user IDs.
- The mobile number will auto-populate after this step.
- Finally, click “Submit” to generate the e-way bill.
Note: You can register a maximum of 2 mobile numbers with a single GSTIN.
Updating Vehicle Number Through SMS
If you want to update your vehicle number, send an SMS request in the format below to 7738299899:
EWBV EWB_NO Veh_Tran_No ReasCode Mode.
On sending the SMS, and if there are no errors, you will receive an SMS stating that the updation to the new number is complete.
Note: You cannot update the e-way bill with the vehicle details if your e-way bill expires.
SMS Format: Vehicle Details Update
Things to be Aware of
- The taxpayer or the transporter that has generated the e-waybill is the only person who can update the vehicle.
- The validity period depends on the distance mentioned in the e-way bill. You can update the vehicle details with the same.
You can decode the SMS format for the vehicle update as
|EWBV||e-Way Bill Vehicle Updating Key Word|
|EWBNo||12 digits E-Way Bill number|
|Vehicle||Vehicle number for the movement of goods|
|ReasCode||Reason Code to indicate why you added the vehicle number|
Cancellation of the e-Way Bill Through SMS
If you want to cancel an e-way bill through SMS, send an SMS request in the format below to 7738299899:
- You can cancel an e-way bill only if you are the generator within 24 hours of its generation.
- You cannot cancel a verified e-waybill.
SMS Format: Cancellation of e-Way Bill
You can decode the SMS format for e-way bill cancellation as
|EWBC||E-Way Bill Cancellation Key Word|
|EWBNo||12 digits E-Way Bill Number|
You must send an SMS to 7738299899 No. You cannot update the e-way bill details if your e-way bill has crossed the date of expiry. You can still generate an e-way bill before the verification by generating your e-way bill via SMS. You can update vehicle details, generate e-way bills, and cancel them through SMS. You can generate an SMS e-way bill by registering on the GST e-way bill portal for SMS, sending an SMS “EWBG TranType RecGSTIN DelPinCode InvNo InvDate TotalValue HSNCode ApprDist Vehicle” to 7738299899, and waiting for the confirmation.
FAQs on e-Way Bill
What is the number to which I should send an SMS for e-way bill generation?
Can I update my vehicle details through SMS, although my e-way bill has expired?
I missed generating e-way bills and am in a hurry as my vehicle is in transit. How can I fix this?
What are the functions of e-way bill operation via SMS mode?
How can I Generate an E-way Bill Through SMS?
You must send an SMS to 7738299899
No. You cannot update the e-way bill details if your e-way bill has crossed the date of expiry.
You can still generate an e-way bill before the verification by generating your e-way bill via SMS.
You can update vehicle details, generate e-way bills, and cancel them through SMS.
You can generate an SMS e-way bill by registering on the GST e-way bill portal for SMS, sending an SMS “EWBG TranType RecGSTIN DelPinCode InvNo InvDate TotalValue HSNCode ApprDist Vehicle” to 7738299899, and waiting for the confirmation.
Know more about e-Way Bill
- e-Way Bill Software
- e-Way Bill Limit
- e-Way Bill : Blocking and Unblocking
- Transporter ID in e-Way Bill
- e-Way Bill Login Portal
- Penalty for expired e-Way Bill
- e-Way Bill under GST in Gujarat
- e-Way Bill under GST in Karnataka
- e-Way Bill in Telangana
- e-Way Bill In Uttar Pradesh (UP)
- e-Way Bill In Andhra Pradesh (AP)
- e-Way Bill In Kerala
- Changes in e-Way Bill After E-Invoicing
- e-Way Bill Exemption
- e-Way Bill Login in Mobile
- e-Way Bill in Maharashtra
- e-Way Bill in Tamil Nadu
- e-Way Bill In West Bengal
- e-Way Bill In Odisha
- e-Waybill Generation Using Invoice Registration Number
- e-Way Bill Haryana
- e-Way Bill Registration