Platforms such as Paytm enable businesses of all sizes to expand and transcend regional borders. Paytm, funded by China’s Alibaba Group, is reshaping the Indian eCommerce landscape. Paytm began as an online mobile and DTH recharge service and has grown into a full-fledged eCommerce website selling a variety of goods and services ranging from electronics to bus ticket booking. With the platform experiencing rapid growth in terms of sales and consumer base, now is the ideal time to become a Paytm seller.
This article will discuss how to become a PaytmMall Seller and how to complete the Paytm seller registration process.
Eligibility to become a Paytm seller
As a Paytm seller, any sole proprietorship, limited liability partnership, or private limited business may register. All transactions will be conducted through this corporate organization. New entrepreneurs or those with an established business who wish to become a Paytmseller should register their firm. Having a distinct legal corporation protects the promoters from liabilities in the event of a lawsuit. Due to the fact that the majority of eCommerce merchants sell to consumers throughout India, it is suggested that they have minimal liability protection. Additionally, VAT registration is essential to become a Paytm seller. However, VAT registration is not necessary for the sale of unstitched clothes, books, and/or handicrafts. On the other hand, a seller can start selling on Paytm without registering for VAT by making an undertaking to register for VAT. Paytm will withhold payments to the seller until Paytm receives proof of VAT registration.
Documents required for Paytm Seller Registration
- Company name & category
- Private Limited Company / Partnership / LLP / Proprietorship
- Contact number & Address of the firm
- PAN Card – When forming a company, limited liability partnership, or partnership, the PAN Card bearing the entity’s name is required, however when registering an individual, the PAN Card bearing the individual’s name is required.
- Bank Account – The business’s current bank account information is necessary.
- GST registration – All firms formed after April 2017 must register for the Goods and Services Tax (GST). According to the government, all enterprises selling goods on any e-commerce platform must register for GST. The following documents are necessary for registration:
- PAN Card
- A Cancelled cheque of the account on which the payments are going to be received.
- Aadhaar card
- An email address
- Phone number
- VAT registration documents
- If no VAT, then submit the Paytm VAT undertaking
- Certificate of Incorporation for a company and Partnership Deed for firms
- Address proof of the entity, for eg-
- Electricity bill
- Bank statement
- Aadhar card
- Passport copy
- Certificate of incorporation
- Rental agreement
How to become a Seller on Paytm
Step 1:Go to Paytm seller registration for Paytm Login | www.seller.paytm.com/login.
Step 2: Provide your name, phone, email and choose a password for the account.
‘SIGN UP’ form needs to be filled by submitting all the relevant details like name, email address, and documents
Step 3: Confirm your email address and cell phone number.
An email is sent to the registered email address and a text message is sent to the registered phone number for verification.
Step 4: Provide your business’s information and address.
Post verification, the entity’s or individual’s KYC documents must be supplied, including the entity’s or individual’s Identity Proof (PAN CARD) and Address Proof.
Step 5: List your products in the catalogue.
Always keep in mind that for the ideal user experience, you might hire a professional photographer to present your products attractively. There are no fees associated with listing products on Paytm Mall.
Step 6: Launch your PaytmMall business.
Take orders, package the product, and place a Request to Pickup order. Paytm’s delivery partner will pick up and deliver the items to the consumer.
Paytm Mall will process your payment within 10-12 business days from delivery of the products once the order is successfully delivered to the consumer.
FAQ’s related to Paytm Seller
- If I have no GST/GSTIN number, can I register?
You can register as a Seller if you have a PAN card, however, you can only sell in categories exempt from taxation. The GSTIN number is necessary for the sale of any other products.
- My Paytm verification is still outstanding, what should I do?
Document validation takes up to 24 hours, your documents will be checked by the next working day if you submit your documents after office hours. Please raise your tickets via the Seller Support Register if your status is still pending.
- How do I proceed if my application is denied?
You must re-submit all necessary papers through the Seller Panel.
1. Begin by logging onto the Seller Panel.
2. Hover your cursor over your seller login name on the right side of the screen.
3. Select Profile from the navigation bar and upload the missing/corrected papers.
- How to locate a merchant’s ID?
Follow these procedures to view your Merchant ID:
• Visit seller.paytm.com and sign in.
• With your cursor over your e-mail ID, click on Profile.
• Your Merchant ID will appear directly beneath Basic Details.
- What documentation is necessary to publish a catalogue to your Paytm mall?
To upload your catalogue to Paytm Mall, you must first authorize your brand by sharing the appropriate brand permission letter, trademark certificate, and documents pertaining to food/medicine license, among other things.
- Is there anything else I need to add to my listing if I want to include food products?
To sell food items, the FSSAI license and the Brand Authorization letter or Trademark certificate must be shared.
- How can I know whether I’ve received a new order?
You may check to see if you’ve received a new order directly from your seller panel by following the two steps below:
1. From the drop-down menu, select Orders.
2. From the drop-down menu, select Confirm & Pack.
You can view a list of all recent orders placed by you right here. Until such orders are recognized, they will have the status “Pending Acknowledgement.”
- How soon will I receive my return order?
a. In the event of an RTO (Return before delivery) order, you will get your product within 50 days of the date the seller panel indicates the product has been labelled as “Shipped.”
b. A DTO (Return after delivery) order: Within 50 days of the Seller Panel being marked as ‘Return Picked,’ the product will be returned to you.
Bear in mind that you must register a claim within the next seven days if you experience any of the following:
– If the package is not received within 50 days of the ‘Shipped’ date (for an RTO order).
– The shipment has not been received within 50 days of being designated ‘Return Picked’ (for a DTO order).
- What is the closing fee?
This fee is applied to each successful sale on the Paytm Mall marketplace that results in customer delivery. However, it does not apply to returned or cancelled orders and varies according to the product’s selling price range.
- When will I receive my TDS refund?
Once our support team confirms your request for TDS reimbursement, you will get the TDS amount within the next 25 working days.