How to Register on the E-way Bill Portal
This article explains how various types of taxpayers can register for e-way bills.
Registration for GST Unregistered Transporters
You must generate an e-way bill if you are a transporter with:
- A consignment goods value of a single supplier exceeding Rs.50,000
- A single vehicle’s transported goods value exceeding Rs.50,000, then
Follow the GST e-way bill registration process for registered users. However, instead of GSTIN, use the transporter ID you received while enrolling on the e-way bill portal.
Use your Transporter ID to create your unique Username and password.
Actions to Undertake When You Receive Goods From an Unregistered Supplier
Assume you are a registered receiver receiving things from an unregistered source.
In that situation, you must follow the same procedures for getting an e-way Bill as the supplier. Hence, you will need to create an e-way Bill.
Registration for Taxpayers/registered Transporters
Registered transporters must follow the below GST e-way bill registration process on the e-Way Bill portal.
- Navigate to the home page of the e-way bill portal.
Note: If a login pop-up appears on the portal, close it.
- Click on “e-Way Bill Registration” under “Registration.”
- Enter the captcha code and the GSTIN, and click “Go.”
- Generate an OTP and verify it.
- The auto-filled se details are displayed. If it is changed or is incorrect, you can click “Update from GST Common Portal” to fetch the latest data from the GST portal.
- After checking the details, click on “Send OTP“. Then, enter the OTP you received on the registered mobile number and verify it by clicking “Verify OTP“.
- Then, create a new User ID and a Password of your choice. After validation, the system will save your user ID and password. Otherwise, you will receive a pop-up message if there is any error or e-way bill login problem.
How can unregistered transporters register for e-way bills?
Unregistered transporters can do so by following the process mentioned above. They must, however, supply "Transporter ID" rather than GSTIN.
Should I generate e-way bills if I receive goods from an unregistered supplier?
Yes. You must use the same steps as the supplier.
Know more about e-Way Bill
- e-Way Bill In Andhra Pradesh (AP)
- e-Way Bill In Kerala
- Changes in e-Way Bill After E-Invoicing
- e-Way Bill Exemption
- e-Way Bill Login in Mobile
- e-Way Bill in Maharashtra
- e-Way Bill in Tamil Nadu
- e-Way Bill In West Bengal
- e-Way Bill In Odisha
- e-Waybill Generation Using Invoice Registration Number
- e-Way Bill Haryana