E-Way Bill In West Bengal
The Products and Service Tax introduced the E-way Bill, a document used to trace the goods in transit. A person with a GST registration who transports products valued at Rs. 50,000 or more must have an E-way bill generated on the GST portal.
On April 1, 2018, India successfully launched the inter-state e-way bill. Additionally, it was decided that the intra-state e-way bill would be introduced beginning on April 15, 2018, after the systems had stabilised.
E-way bill in West Bengal began payments on June 3, 2018. After adopting the e-way bill for interstate movement of products in April, the state’s revenue collection grew by about 15%.
When is the E-way Bill to be generated in West Bengal?
In the following circumstances, the person with a GST registration who has goods in transit is required to create an E-way Bill:
- When moving products worth more than Rs. 50,000 to or from a registered person, an E-way charge is created. The registered person can even present the E-way bill if the value of the products is less than Rs. 50,000.
- A person who is not registered for GST must create the E-way bill. When an unregistered person delivers them, a registered person must make sure that all compliances are properly met. If the supplier has not produced an E-way bill, the transporter transporting products by land, sea, or air must also do so.
What documents are needed to create an E-way bill in West Bengal?
- Bill of supply, invoice, or other documentation pertinent to the conveyance of commodities.
- If road transport is involved, the vehicle number or the transporter ID
- For transportation by ship, rail, or air, include the document number, transporter ID, and date.
Format of the GST e-Way bill in West Bengal
The e-Way bill is divided into Part A and Part B. Part A of the E-WAY bill contains the consignment-related information, which is frequently the invoice information.
The following details need to be provided:
- The recipient’s GSTIN must be provided.
- It is necessary to specify the delivery location’s Pin code.
- It is essential to provide the number from the invoice or challan against which the products were supplied.
- Submitting the consignment’s value is essential.
- For the transported items, the HSN code must be entered. The first two digits of the HSN code must be mentioned if the turnover is up to INR 5 crores. A four-digit HSN code is needed if the revenue is more than 5 crores Indian rupees.
- The best explanation should be selected after determining the need for transportation.
- The transit document number must be mentioned. It includes the identifiers for the goods receipt, the airway bill, and the railway receipt.
Know more about e-Way Bill
- e-Way Bill Software
- e-Way Bill Limit
- e-Way Bill : Blocking and Unblocking
- Transporter ID in e-Way Bill
- e-Way Bill Login Portal
- Penalty for expired e-Way Bill
- e-Way Bill under GST in Gujarat
- e-Way Bill under GST in Karnataka
- e-Way Bill in Telangana
- e-Way Bill In Uttar Pradesh (UP)
- e-Way Bill In Andhra Pradesh (AP)
- e-Way Bill In Kerala
- Changes in e-Way Bill After E-Invoicing
- e-Way Bill Exemption
- e-Way Bill Login in Mobile
- e-Way Bill in Maharashtra
- e-Way Bill in Tamil Nadu
- e-Way Bill In West Bengal
- e-Way Bill In Odisha
- e-Waybill Generation Using Invoice Registration Number
- e-Way Bill Haryana
- e-Way Bill Registration