myBillBook accounting app for Android and desktop helps you carry out all your accounting tasks quickly and efficiently without slowing down your device by utilising advanced cloud computing.
This way, your data is kept secure with us on remote servers so that only you can access them whenever and wherever you need. There’s a lower risk of errors and miscalculations – all you need to do is be consistent with the data entry, and the app will take care of the rest!
Why Use myBillBook?
How to generate an e-way bill?
When moving goods between any two points, where the total value exceeds Rs. 50,000, GST mandates the transporter of the goods to carry an e-way bill. The Government of India has set up a portal to help you generate an e-way bill in a few easy steps.
- Log in to the portal
Just by clicking on the link above, you can access the portal. If you’re a first time user, you will have to create your login credentials. In order to do this, the following is mandatory
- GST registration
- Transporter registration
- Click on the “Generate New” option
On the left side of the portal (if you have trouble locating this feature, you can use the “find in page” aid of your browser) look for the “Generate New” option and click on it.
- Fill in the required information
- If you are a supplier, your transaction type will be “outward.”
- If you are the receiver, your transaction type will be “inward”, and you will be required to enter the details required along with the GSTIN number as required.
Please note: When you input the GSTIN number, certain fields will be auto-populated.
- Enter Goods Description
- The product name and description must match what is mentioned in the invoice on the transaction.
- Enter the HSN code of the product (if you are unaware of this, you can find it in this link https://www.indiafilings.com/find-gst-rate).
- Enter the CGST or IGST rate that is applicable to this transaction.
- Enter the distance of the transport (a simple way to estimate this would be to use google maps) – this will validate your e-way bill.
- Click on “Submit”
- After the previous steps are completed, verify the details entered as a practice to correct errors that may have occurred during the earlier steps.
- Now, click on “Submit” which will then generate your e-way bill, which contains your e-way bill number and QR code which will contain all the information.
- The bill should be printed and carried by the transporter throughout the duration of the journey, till the goods are handed over to the receiver.
Additional built-in features of myBillBook
With myBillBook accounting app, you can make your business more efficient by using the accounting app (for Android) to take care of several otherwise time-consuming tasks in a matter of minutes!
In addition to generating bills, the myBillBook accounting app can also help you and your business in the following ways:
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Manage stock inventory.
- Generate business reports.
- Automatic data sync between desktop and mobile 24/7.
- Create online product catalogues.
- Greetings and business cards.
- Video tutorials.
- Add staff members to the app [paid feature].
There are several online resources that can help you understand the world of e-way bill. The Government of India has multiple publications containing information to help businesses understand the implication of GST. It is important to verify the information as this could be easily misleading.
Thus, we recommend you to check out the latest information via government and other reliable publications. Here are some of the resources that will help you gain more understanding of e-way bills and GST:
FAQs on Accounting App
- Where can I get the accounting software for Android from?
Ans. myBillBook is available on the Google PlayStore to download and install on your mobile phone for absolutely no cost! The desktop app is accessible through any web browser via https://mybillbook.in/.
- Can I add employees to my account?
Ans: Yes absolutely. However, this is a paid premium feature. While you can add employees to your account, you can even grant them limited permission to run the account.
- What are the accounting services offered by myBillBook?
Ans: myBillBook keeps track of accounts payable and accounts receivable, creates professional bills, GST invoices, purchase vouchers, payment receipts, purchase orders, sale returns, purchase returns and a lot more. What’s more, it also puts together more than 10 varieties of business reports, including:
- Sales summary
- Party statement
- Profit and loss report
- GSTR-1 (Sales) [paid feature]
- GSTR-2 (Purchase) [paid feature]
- GSTR-3B [paid feature]
- Stock summary
- Is myBillBook a secured software?
Ans: It protects your data with daily automated backup and syncs your mobile app with your desktop software so you never lose your work. It also comes with ISO 27001 certification ensuring your data is protected.