How to Generate Consolidated e-Way Bills on the e-Way Bill Portal?
What is a Consolidated E-way Bill?
A Consolidated e-way Bill (EWB-02)is a single document containing details of all the e-way bills related to the consignments.
Who Can Use a Consolidated E-way Bill?
You can use the consolidated e-way Bill, meaning a feature on the portal concerning consignments, if you are a transporter with multiple consignments of goods in a single conveyance or vehicle.
Prerequisites for Consolidated E-way Bills
- Registration of yourself on the EWB portal
- Keeping the below-mentioned documents handy:
- Challan/Invoice/ Bill/ related to the consignment
- “Transporter ID” or the “Vehicle number” for transport via road
- ”Transporter ID”, “Document number”, and “Date” for transport via rail, air, or ship
- Individual e-way bill numbers of the consignments in one conveyance.
Consolidated E-way Bills Generation
Here is a step-by-step guide to generating an e-way Bill.
- Log in to the portal. Select “Generate new” under the “Consolidated EWB.“
- Fill in the details after selecting them as follows:
- Select “Mode” of transport as Rail/Road/Air/Ship
- Select “From State” from the drop-down
- In the “Vehicle Starts From” field, enter where you are transporting the goods.
- Enter your “Vehicle No” and the e-way bill number(EWB no).
- The system auto-populates the remaining fields based on the details you enter here.
Click on “Submit.” Then, a screen appears depicting the generation of the e-way bill in form EWB-02 with a unique 12-digit number is complete. You must print and carry this for transporting the goods.
Printing of the Consolidated E-way Bills
- Click on the “Print EWB” sub-option under the “e-waybill” option or the “Consolidated EWB” option.
- Enter details such as e-way bill number or Consolidated EWB -12 digit number. Then, click on “Go.”
- Click “Print” or “Detailed Print” on the bill.
Re-generation of Consolidated E-way Bills
Click “Re-generate” under the “Consolidated EWB” option if you are a transporter. And use the regeneration feature to update the vehicle details for the consolidated e-way bill.
So, if you are wondering how to generate e way bill for multiple invoices, don’t club all your invoices into one e-way bill. That’s impossible, instead, generate separate e-way bills and go for one consolidated e-way bill for all.