Create & Manage Sub-user on the e-Way Bill Portal
Although users have many facilities on the e-Way Bill portal, they face multiple discomforts. The system addresses them through the SMS facility, the Sub-users feature, and Masters.
However, they can avail of these features only once they register on the e-Way Bill portal. This blog brings you all the details you need to know about the sub-user facility on the portal.
Significance of Sub-user Creation
As you already know, for every consignment you own having a value exceeding ₹ 50,000, you must generate an e-Way bill. However, it becomes difficult under the following scenarios.
- You have multiple businesses.
- You have various places of business or head offices.
- You have branches at different locations.
- You work remotely from the principal place of business.
The challenge of generating an e-Way bill due to the above reasons led to the idea of creating a sub-user.
Who is a Sub-user?
A sub-user is a user who can use the same login credentials created initially and perform the actions per the access given to them. However, they cannot reject one.
Creating Multiple Sub-users for the Same GSTIN
You can create sub-users on e-Way Bills as follows:
- Click “Create Sub-user” under “User Management.“
- Enter the OTP you receive on the registered email ID/mobile number and click “Validate.”
- Enter the required details on the “User Creation” screen and click “Submit.”
Below are the parts on the screen that you should fill in:
- Enter the “Suffix Login ID” (Sub-User name) and click on “Check” to check its availability.Note: if the username of the taxpayer is “abcdef” and he is giving a suffix as “rvk”, then the sub-user id will be “abcdef_rvk.”
- Enter the authorised personnel’s name, address, designation, mobile number and email ID. This particular person will be the one using the sub-user ID.
- Select the place of businesses/ branches concerning the sub-user to generate e-Way bills.
- Select the facilities available for sub-user on the e-Way Bill portal, i.e. e-Way Bill generation, cancellation, rejection, report generation or updating masters.
- Click on “Submit.” After the sub-user creation, the system automatically generates a password. Then, it sends the password to the sub-user in case of no error. Otherwise, the system pops up an error message.
Similarly, You can manage the sub-user by clicking “Update Sub-user” under “User Management.” You can make changes and click on the “Update” button.
Freeze the Sub-users
- The taxpayer also gets an option to freeze the sub-users on e-Way Bills, i.e. Disable the sub-user from using the e-Way bill portal’s facilities.
- Click “Freeze Sub-user” under “User Management.”
- Select the sub-user you want to Freeze. Then, click on “Freeze” on the screen.
- On clicking “Freeze“, the sub-user selected will no longer be able to access any facilities on the e-Way Bill portal.