GST Registration Status
Before checking your GST registration status, you should know the following:
- It takes typically seven business days to assign the provisional GSTIN number and ten days to assign a final GSTIN number and GST registration certificate.
- An ARN number is mandatory for checking the status of your application.
What is an ARN number?
ARN denotes the application reference number and is a unique number automatically generated on the GST portal on application submission.
How to Check GST Registration Status
If you are a new user, here is how you check your GST registration status online:
- First, go to the GST portal.
- Select “Registration” below the “Services” tab.
- Press on “Track Application” status.
- Fill in your ARN number and the Captcha.
- View the GST registration status by clicking on “Search”. The website will show which status of registration of a GST application.
If you are an existing user, here is how you check your GST registration status online:
- Visit the GST portal.
- Choose “User Services” from the tab of services.
- Search for the taxpayer.
- Fill in the GSTIN number and fulfil the Captcha.
- View your GST registration status after clicking the button “Search”.
Stages of GST Registration Status
At every stage of GST registration, the applicant gets a GST application status in written form. The various stages are:
- Pending for Verification: this indicates that the application is still in progress since the portal has to verify it.
- Provisional: suggests that the application filing is not complete. Once the applicant applies, the GST portal will generate a provision ID number.
- Migrated: means that the portal successfully migrated the GST application.
- Validation Against Error: this indicates a data mismatch between the details entered by the applicant and that provided by the Income Tax Department.
- Cancelled: appears when the portal rejects or fails an application due to errors found.
Also check: Free GST Billing Software
How to Track your Application’s GST Status:
- Without Signing Into the GST Portal?
- After Signing Into the GST Portal?
Without Signing In
Once you submit the registration application, you will receive an ARN (Application Reference Number). Using this ARN, you can track the GST status of your application. Check out the steps right below that helps you to see the status of your ARN on the GST portal without logging into it.
- Visit the URL : https://www.gst.gov.in/ , and browse the home page.
- Sign in with your valid username and password.
- Enter the ARN received on your email ID when you applied for GST registration.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button.
After Signing In
Here are the steps to see the status of the GST application portal after logging into it.
- Visit https://www.gst.gov.in/ , and browse the home page.
- Click on “Services”, then “Registration”, and then “Track Application Status”.
- To search via ARN, enter the ARN received on your email ID and the captcha text on submitting your registration application.
- Click on the “Search” button.
- To search via submission period, choose the applicant’s period of submission with the calendar.
- Click on the “Search” button.
How to Track My Application’s GST Registration Status After Signing Into the Portal Using TRN
You must perform the following steps below to track your GST registration status after signing into the GST portal using TRN (Temporary Reference Number).
- Visit the URL https://www.gst.gov.in/ and browse the home page.
- Click on the link “Register Now.”
- Choose the option “Temporary Reference Number (TRN)”. Enter the TRN received. Click on “Proceed.”
- Enter the OTP received on your email address and mobile number. Remember that the OTP is working only for 10 minutes. Then, click on “Proceed.”
- A “My Saved Application” page will be displayed, and you can check your application status below the Status column.