How to Use Automated Billing Feature in myBillBook
Do you find it challenging to remember the date every month to send invoices to your customers? Are you experiencing payment delays due to late invoicing? No need to worry anymore! With myBillBook Billing software’s latest feature – ‘Automated Billing,’ you can automate the invoice generation for all your recurring invoices. Once you set up the invoice for your customers using the ‘Automated Billing’ feature, the software will take care of the rest. All you need to do is sit back and relax while your business account gets credited every month. To understand how this works, here’s a brief about the ‘Automated Billing’ option in myBillBook and a step-by-step guide to use the feature in the billing app. Let’s get started!
‘Automated Billing’ Feature of myBillBook
Automated Billing is one of the most functional features offered by myBillBook billing software. This feature allows you to generate recurrent or repeating invoices within the myBillBook application. If you have a customer or party whom you need to bill regularly for the same service or product, Automated Billing can automatically send a similar invoice each month on the designated date. This means that you won’t have to manually create and send invoices each month, and you can forget about the task of sending invoices altogether.
Let’s see the step-by-step guide to using the ‘Automated Billing’ feature in myBillBook
Step-by-Step Guide to Use Automate Billing Feature
- Login to myBillBook application
- From the navigation bar, find the ‘Automated Bills’ option under ‘Accounting Tools’
- Select the ‘Automated Bills’ option, and a new page will appear on the right screen.
- Click on the ‘Create Automated Invoice’ option.
- The ‘Create Automated Sales Invoice’ screen will appear.
- Select the party or customer by clicking on the ‘+Add Party’ option.
- Then, enter the ‘Start Date’ from when we wish to start billing for this particular party.
- Then select the ‘End date’ – till when we need to bill this party/customer. If you would like to send invoices for three months, enter the last month’s date in the ‘End date’ field.
- Next in the ‘Repeat Every’ field, you can select days/weeks/months/years. This defines the frequency in which you wish to send the invoice. For instance, if you wish to send the invoice every month, you can enter 1 in the blank and select ‘Month’ from the drop-down.
- The next field is ‘Payment Terms’. If you’re allowing credit for the selected party, you can enter the credit period, say 15 or 30 days, or whichever is applicable, in this field.
- Next, you need to add the item for which you wish to bill this party on a recurring basis. You can do it by clicking on the ‘+Add Item’ field.
- Review all other fields like ‘Additional Charges’, ‘Discounts’, ‘Notes, ‘Bank Details’, etc.
- Review all the details and click on ‘Save’ to create the recurring invoice.
- The first invoice will be sent to the party on the start date, and invoices will be sent on the set frequency.
Once you set the Automated Bills, you can see the status of all the recurring invoices in the automated bills dashboard. You can select any automated bill to edit/stop/pause the invoice. Do note that once an Automated Invoice is stopped, you cannot resume it. To resume any invoice, you need to pause it.
In the ‘Automated Bills Dashboard’, you will find three statuses – Paused, Stopped, and Active. You can filter the sorting according to the status of the automated invoice. You can also search for an invoice by entering the party name.