What is GST emSigner?
emSigner is a tool for signing, sending, tracking, archiving, and managing smart documents. The application paves the way for faster and more secure document signing. It also allows the user to encrypt documents, assuring the security of sensitive information.
In the single GST portal, emSigner is used to digitally sign the GST registration application and GST return filing. As a result, make sure the DSC is registered on the GST Portal before installing and utilising emSigner.
Steps to install GST emSigner
Perform the following steps to install the emSigner:
- Visit https://www.gst.gov.in/ and type in the URL. The GST Home page is now visible.
- Select the Register / Update DSC option.
- The page Register Digital Signature Certificate appears. Select the link – “Click here for instructions on installing signer utility.”
- In a separate tab, open the Document Signer Install page. Depending on your operating system, choose the Click here to download link. Your computer already has the emSigner.msi file.
- Run the emSigner.msi file by double-clicking it.
- The helper wizard for emSigner Setup appears. Then press the Next button.
- Click on the Next button to install the emSigner in the Program Files default location. To install emSigner, you must go to the Browse menu, choose the folder you want, and select it.
- The emSigner Setup page will appear on the screen now. Click the Install button to begin the installation process.
- To exit the Setup wizard, click the Finish button. Run as Administrator by right-clicking the emSigner icon on your Desktop.
- The start of the emSigner service is indicated by a message. Then press the OK button.
- The Digital Signature Signer window appears after a successful setup.
How to sign using emSigner?
To sign using emSigner, you need to follow the guidelines given below.
- Install emSigner on your computer first.
- You can get emSigner on your computer by going to the government’s website. emSigner can be installed on your computer by following the installation procedure.
- Get Java installed on your machine.
- You can get Java for your machine by going to the Java website’s downloads area.
- You must create a path after you have downloaded and installed the file on your machine. Then select “My Computer” and right-click on this PC to create a route. Select Properties from the drop-down menu. Next, select Advanced System Settings >Environment Variable from the drop-down menu.
- Click New on the System Variable tab, then copy and paste the following:
· Variable Name: JAVA_HOME
· Variable Value: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_161)
- Click OK when you’re finished.
- Configure the Sender Email
- Now you must Sign in to your Gmail account and select My Account from the drop-down menu. Then select Sign-in and Security.
- Next, make a change. Allow less secure apps to run in the background.
- Choose the paper you want to sign.
- Note that you can only sign PDF files in the folder you’ve chosen.
- Choose the location where you want the signed documents to be saved.
- Email documents that have been signed.
- The signed documents are saved in the ‘ABC’ output folder after they are signed. You will discover a file named signingresults.xlsx file in the same folder; open it and follow the procedures below:
- Along with each signed document, fill in the columns for “Email Address” and “Recipient Name.”
- By clicking on ‘Add new sender details,’ you can now construct a new template for sending emails.
- Give the template a unique name.
- Choose an email provider from the dropdown menu, such as Gmail or Outlook.
How to download emSigner for GST?
To download emSigner for GST, you can follow the steps given here:
- After connecting to your account, go to the GST official website and click on “Register/Update DSC.”
- You will be directed to DSC’s registration page. Choose “Click here for instructions on installing signer utility link” from the drop-down menu.
Along with the system specifications, a download link will be provided. Choose the one that is compatible with your system and download it. Follow the steps below to finish the installation on your system.
Before you can use the downloaded software, you must first install it on your computer. The following steps can be followed to finish the installation process:
- Double-click the downloaded file to open it.
- Select the next option in the installation wizard.
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu of the installed application.
- After completing the preceding steps, the service to finish the DSC registration in the GST site will be activated.
The administrator’s authorization is required to install the software. As a result, before you begin the installation, be sure your administrator has given his or her approval. If you’re experiencing trouble installing emSigner, make sure you have the following emSigner system requirements: Windows 32 / 64 bit OS
- Java 1.6 JRE 1.6.0_38+, Java 1.7, Java 1.8
- Windows: Admin access to install the emSigner component
- Any of the ports among 1585, 2095, 2568, 2868, or 4587 is free.
Check here to fix GST emSigner error: