When it comes to inventory management software open source, it organizes, manages, and monitors material purchases, product sales, and other processes of production. Inventory is very important for any business as it assists you in avoiding the possibility of human mistakes by just automating the processes of manual key business.
Why use myBillBook?
Why Use myBillBook Stock Management Software Open Source
It is true that there are several reasons behind the use of stock management software open source by the enterprises, which are as follows:
- Especially for fast-growing businesses, handling the inventory can be intimidating.
- With the lack of appropriate systems in place, a rise in supply can lead to problems in logistics and transform the supply chain simply unmanageable.
- The leading and authentic companies make use of automated scanner technology that saves both money as well as time. But, small businesses and start-ups cannot afford high-tech equipment.
- Fortunately, there are various simple and accessible inventory software available in the market that offers you a lot easier processes that enhance your performance and even save money and time.
- Stock management tool helps you avoid stock-outs and excess stock as well. This is quite crucial as it reduces the costs of overall inventory by up to 10%.
- Also, it enables good customer service since it boosts accuracy, which ultimately makes sure that the right item is rendered to the right location at the right time.
- If we talk about punctuality, about 34% of organizations have later shipped an order which was unexpected as they sold an item accidentally which was out of stock.
- With the use of open source inventory management software, you can maintain the record of your supply and warehouse records with ease, thereby leading to increased customer satisfaction.
- It is not an uncommon practice in the industry to make use of monthly subscription model software suites. Also, there are certain enterprises that outsource operating their own inventory stats.
- All the requirements of a supply chain are to depend on a strictly run schedule as per the demand. Moreover, calculating procurement can be quite overwhelming and messy especially without adequate growth projections of the past.
Significance of Open Source Inventory Management for Small Businesses
Check out the importance of open source inventory management given below:
Keeping a Balance Between Out of Stock and Overstock
Inventory management is nothing but maintaining balance in businesses. Investing more in inventory than overstock creates a deficit in the business’ budget. The businesses have to usually decrease the prices of the excess inventory from profits. No inventory can be sold and no refund can be received from the manufacturer. If overstock of goods will remain in storage, it would be counted off as losses or be disposed of. As a matter of fact, a specific percentage of loss is expected and quite reasonable in business but excess projected sales in inventory can affect the bottom line of the company. The goods that cannot be moved are wasted goods.
A business can be affected if you fail to have sufficient finished products and inventory to fulfill the demands of customers (stockout). A loss of sale might occur if you do not have sufficient inventory to meet a customer order. If your customer knows that you are out of stock then they will go to other suppliers who do not have the right product. Customer service and inventory have a close bond as the great way to ensure minimized waste and consistent customer satisfaction is good inventory management. An effective inventory management system has the ability to properly forecast the inventory required based on sales activity. In this way, you would be able to place orders accordingly to avoid stockout and overstock. You should understand the consumer’s demand for a product and the depreciation rate of the product.
Good Inventory Management is Equal to Controlled Costs of Operation
Inventory management helps you to satisfy your customer’s requirements and saves your money. In different words, it allows successful cost control of operations. The backbone of the business is nothing but knowing what is in your warehouse, what you have, and how to deal with the supply chain properly. Moreover, inventory management enables you to close sales with confidence and make smart business decisions. It provides you with real-time details about what products sell well and what not and how to maximize profits. You should have a deep understanding of customer demand for adopting proper inventory management and control.
It is not necessary to invest a lot of money in your inventory as it might bring your company down. But, you should also take care of the fact that not spending sufficient can affect your customer service. Having data is a good thing for the improvement of your business performance but too much information might be even worse than not having sufficient. You might miss the key factors of your business health if you will get so involved in reports.
Features of Stock Management Software Open Source
There are certain things that you need to consider before buying stock management software no matter if it is paid or free. Before buying any free or paid open source stock management software, businesses should ensure that it renders all the necessary features required for efficient inventory management operations. Have a look at the following features of the inventory management software given below so that it would be easy for you to buy the right one.
This feature is beneficial for businesses engaged in products undergoing a rising demand and seasonal fall. Also, it assists in keeping the proper amount of inventory for every merchandise as per the decision.
Inventory management software has the ability to scan the barcode for recognizing the product instantly. It even helps in labelling to monitor and recognize the items quickly.
This function offers a lot of product specifications and stock components to the company and handles their inventory control schedules as required.
Multiple Location Management
When it comes to this feature, it is very advantageous for huge organizations with more than one warehouse. In fact, this function focuses on organizing points of sale and multiple warehouses in one inventory management system by combining all warehouse places.
Companies can get alert notifications with this feature when under or overstocking exceeds a particular threshold.
- What does open source inventory management software actually do?
Open source inventory management software has been manufactured to help companies maintain track of inventory sales, levels, deliverables, and orders.
- What are the features of inventory management software?
A few of the features of inventory management software are as follows:
- Organization of Warehouse
- Optimization of Inventory
- Tracking of Asset
- Identification of Product